There are lots of new things going on at ASMP this year and we would love our members’ help in spreading the word. If you know any still or motion photographers, professional assistants, digital techs, retouchers, CGI artists or any other associated imaging professionals who haven’t yet discovered the benefits of ASMP, we want to give you BOTH a copy of Business Practices for Photographers by John Harrington. We have a special ASMP version with a forward from Executive Director, Tom Kennedy.
ASMP membership empowers, engages, and expands the network of anyone who joins. Now we are making it even more interesting by giving you BOTH John Harrington’s Book.
The benefits of Professional Membership are the greatest and includes the Find a Photographer product for only $335 per year. The cost of becoming an Associate Member is only $225 per year. If the prospective member is just starting out, they can become an Emerging Associate member for only $140 per year. Student memberships are excluded from this promotion. You can take advantage of this offer through April 30th by contacting ASMP Member Services at (877) 771-2767 with the name and credit card info of both you and the member you are referring.
Here are some of the things you can count on as an ASMP member in 2018
- Customized health benefits that will save you money on comprehensive coverage
- New chapter websites that make it easier to feature local members and events (See Philadelphia Chapter as an example)
- New digital marketing tools for chapters so local communication becomes more efficient and consistent (coming soon!)
- Continue efforts on U.S. Capitol Hill to educate Congress and support the passage of legislation that protects small creators – HR 3945
- Fresh, new educational opportunities online so all members, regardless of their geography, can benefit
- Four photo contests to raise your profile including ASMP Taste (food), ASMP Spaces (architecture), ASMP Faces (portraits), and Best of ASMP 2018
- ASMP Infinity Magazine featuring the outstanding work recent contest winners
- A new podcast series and live broadcast called ASMP Experts and Masters bringing candid conversations between legendary photographers, creatives and thought leaders