This is a reminder that the open enrollment period for obtaining 2020 health insurance plans is currently open and ends December 15, 2019. However, open enrollment can vary by state. See current exceptions below:
California: October 15, 2019 – January 15, 2020
Colorado: November 1, 2019 – January 15, 2020
District of Columbia: November 1, 2019 – January 31, 2020
Massachusetts: November 1, 2019 – January 23, 2020
Minnesota: November 1, 2019 – December 23, 2019
New York: November 1, 2019 – January 31, 2020
What Do You Need to Know Going Into Open Enrollment?
STEP ONE – Personal Situation Research
- Do you expect any major medical operations or pregnancies in the coming year?
- What are your goals? Are you looking for cheaper coverage, better coverage?
STEP TWO – Understand Healthcare Options
- Consider your total healthcare costs, not just the premium.
- Know your alternatives, including short-term plans.
STEP THREE – Collect information you’ll need to apply
- Household size
- Household income
- Current coverage information
More information about healthcare plans can be found below.
Log in and view ASMP healthcare benefit partner health insurance offers:
View other non-ASMP benefit partner insurance plans at Health Insurance Marketplace at healthcare.gov
Freelancer’s Union post, What Freelancers Need to Know about Health Insurance and Taxes