The new year is a great time to invest in yourself. Take advantage of these great educational opportunities – free or with valuable discounts for ASMP Members!
January 8 – That’s this Wednesday!
1:00 – 2:00 pm eastern / 10:00 – 11:00 pacific
Plus additional Q&A on ASMP’s Facebook page
In this free online webinar, photographer/visual anthropologist Jason Gardner, creator and publisher of A Flower in the Mouth, illustrates exactly what it takes to successfully self-publish a photography book. Join us for a conversation outlining the countless decisions and actions necessary to design, crowd-fund, print and distribute your photography book, then leverage it to grow your business.
Save the date for our next BaU webinar:
Wednesday, February 19
1:00 – 2:00 pm EST / 10:00 – 11:00 PST
featuring Kat Dalager of 3e The Lifetime Agency.
Introducing ASMP’s new e-Learning series –
Your Business in Focus:
How to Get Out of the Way and Grow Your Business
featuring Rick Snyder, Certified EMyth Business Coach
Developed specifically for professional still & motion photographers and related creative professionals this integrated series of four 60 minute interactive online webinars uses the time-tested strategies outlined in The EMyth Revisited (the 5th best-selling business book of all time) to teach you how to
- Overcome the top challenges you face as a creative business owner,
- Make sure your clients and prospects experience your unique value in every contact,
- Identify when your beliefs about money are stopping you from growing your business,
- Design an effective sales strategy you can implement with confidence.
To give you a taste of what this exciting series has to offer, we’re giving you the initial online course FREE! Join us for
Changing Your Business Perspective
Tuesday, January 28, 2014
2:00 – 2:45 pm EST / 11:00 – 11:45 am PST
During this free, no obligation, introductory e-Learning course, you’ll learn time-saving techniques to clear your mind and eliminate overwhelm. Discover how to change your perspective and orient your business for greater productivity and freedom. This program will introduce the fundamentals of the EMyth philosophy and teach you how to:
- Assess how the current challenges you face are a function of your perspective,
- Bring other people into your business intelligently,
- Identify what areas of your business need attention the most,
- Think strategically so you can work ON your business, not just in it.
Registration for the full e-Learning course opens soon – until then, save these dates:
February 4th, 11th, 18th and 25th from 2:00 – 3:00 pm EST / 11:00 am – 12:00 pm PST
ASMP Members save 10% and get a free Field Guide to Filmmaking (a $79.00 value)
Emmy-award winning Stillmotion Presents:
Storytelling With Heart
Touring the U.S. and Canada February 3 – April 8, 2014
What if there was a set of approaches that would turn every film or video you create into a much stronger experience, a deeper story, and a more emotional connection with your audience? That is what Storytelling With Heart is all about, the approaches that we’ve learned make you successful on every shoot:
- Story Structure. What all good stories have in common – finding your conflict and journey.
- Fox, Chicken, Chicken Seed. One of the most valuable filmmaking techniques: creative problem solving.
- Start with Your Why. Getting access, resources and developing your story all start there.
- Balancing Business and Art. Budgeting for projects, building teams and building a sustainable and profitable filmmaking career.
- The Experience Matters. The depth and emotion you get is all about the experience you create.
- Pre-Production. Your key to creating powerful films on time and on budget.
- The Production Pathway. How to stay ahead of the story and be proactive, not reactive.
- Shoot Like a Ninja. Tips & tricks for a new breed of camera tools: the Canon C100, Freefly Movi, Kessler Cineslider, Manfrotto Monopod and more.
Early Bird Discount ends January 7, 2014 – Register today!
February 27 – March 1, 2014
Texas Photo Roundup
ASMP members enjoy additional discounts
ASMP is a major sponsor of the Texas Photo Roundup. Co-produced by ASMP’s Austin/San Antonio Chapter, I love Texas Photo and the Austin Center for Photography, the Roundup features workshops, panel discussions, portfolio reviews and more!
ASMP Members Save 10% – Click here for details!
April 27 – May 2, 2014
Palm Springs Photo Festival
Palm Springs, CA
The Palm Springs Photo Festival is dedicated to providing a rich program intended to inspire, educate and instill or reignite passion for the art and commerce of photography. Enjoy portfolio reviews, workshops and seminars with some of the best and brightest in the industry, including our very own Peter Krogh who wiill deliver programs on Lightroom and Digital Asset Management.