What is the orange “HELP” button on the right sidebar of your screen?
Answer: The orange HELP button links you to the new ASMP Knowledge Share.
Using a platform called Freshdesk, we have created the ASMP Knowledge Share to provide instant answers to simple member questions after office hours and without having to contact ASMP Member Services. This will help us streamline the organizational workflow by allowing Member Services to spend less time answering the same questions and more time working complex problems. It also makes life easier for you as a member by providing self-service articles that will be organized so that you can quickly and easily search and find answers to common questions or issues associated with ASMP and your member resources.
There is also a new ticketing system that directs member questions to the right ASMP team member…and fast. The ticketing system will also allow members to track status of their query tickets.
So, if you need assistance with specific functionality or navigation on the ASMP site, click on the orange HELP button located on the right side of select private pages, and a “Help & Support” box will appear. The select private pages where the HELP button is currently posted include: ASMP Forums, Member Benefits, and Chapter Resource Center.
In the Help & Support box, there are TWO OPTIONS for seeking assistance – the “search articles” link or the ticket query form.
1) Search articles – Search for information on basic site and member access functionality
To access articles, click on “search articles” in upper right corner of “Help & Support” box.
There are two How-to Guide search categories:
- Chapter Leader How-to Guide (for current chapter leaders with specific chapter site responsibilities, i.e., event management, financial administration)
- Member How-to Guide (for all member site navigation and functionality, i.e., forums, member benefits, member access only content)
2) Submit Ticket Query – Submit ticket query if you have specific questions that cannot be answered in the frequently asked question (FAQs) articles listed under “Search articles“.
Topic categories include membership, legal, press request, article request, bug report. Additional topics will be added.
- To check status of your ticket query submissions, you will need to “sign up” and create a separate login from your ASMP website login for the ASMP Knowledge Share, as your ASMP Member login ID/password will not be able to be used for the ticketing system.
- To create a knowledge share account, click on “Sign Up” button in upper right corner or click here to go to sign up page. Follow prompts to create account.
This is the first phase of the Knowledge Share and many more topics and articles will be added over the next few months and throughout the year. We would appreciate your input on what topics we might add that would be helpful to you in optimizing your experience on the ASMP website. Suggestions for new search topics and articles can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Featured image: Susan Fleck