Our mission: Enhancing the strength of the American Society of Media Photographers by creating educational and professional opportunities for Northwest image makers to connect and thrive.
The Seattle/Northwest chapter is one of the largest of ASMP’s 40 chapters. Our members include photographers from Washington, Idaho
and Montana. The Seattle/Northwest board of directors are made up hardworking, innovative creatives that are actively working in photography and other creative fields.
We hold 8-10 board meetings and many educational and social events throughout the year. We also host an annual slideshow highlighting our members’ photography. Our local partners also support the learning and understanding of the business.
Top Reasons to Join ASMP
• Unlimited access to an enthusiastic, helpful, and knowledgeable community which includes some of the finest photographers working today
• A fierce advocate who will fight for YOUR voice to be heard in legal, legislative, and business arenas
• Access to business knowledge and expertise that can help you grow your business from day one
• A robust and ever-growing discount program that focuses on the needs of working photographers seeking services, tools, and experiences to help them grow both as business owners and creatives
• Access to unique marketing tools to help clients find and hire you
• A growing focus on member wellness including access to partner programs that offer health insurance and wellness content
• Access to ASMP’s legal forums to have questions answered by qualified professionals and help you find the legal resources you need
How being a part of this chapter has impacted our current members:
“I recently joined ASMP Seattle because I wanted to have a network of professional photographers that I could bounce ideas off of, learn,
connect, and be inspired by those those who overcame all the similar challenges we deal with as creatives. On top of that, I was able to quickly talk on the phone with some high caliber photographers to help answer a wide variety of important questions I didn’t know where to turn, but ASMP, to help get them answered, which that alone, was worth the membership dues alone — feeling confident that I know how to properly present (and price) myself to potential client.”
-Jared Kessler, Seattle/Northwest ASMP member, 2018