The Future Of Editorial Photography
Utah/Mountain West chapter
Editorial photography is undergoing rapid change, yet the death of magazine photography has been greatly exaggerated. Pulitzer Prize-winning photographer Brian Smith, president of Editorial Photographers, will discuss how to maximize the creative and commercial rewards while avoiding bad contracts and stagnant rates.
This program will aid current and aspiring editorial photographers in pursuing their careers in a changing media environment. Topics will include:
- How to get and keep the attention of photo editors and art directors at top magazines
- How production value can make your work stand out
- How to charge properly for digital processing
- What are the best things you can do in a slow economy
- How to maximize re-licensing, syndication and reprint revenue
- How the shift to online content will affect rates
- What you should know about editorial that nobody told you
All of this information will aid members and participants in making better business and career decisions and enhance the local photographic communities’ knowledge base.
From left: AJ Eaton, Glenn Oakley, Deborah Hardee, Brian Smith, Mati Young