What creators and users of visual content need to know in these rapidly changing times
This series of ten free webinars was jointly produced by the American Society of Media Photographers (ASMP) and Copyright Clearance Center (CCC) to educate creators and users on copyright, licensing and monetization of content. The series opened an honest dialogue about conflicting pressures for both content creators and users, while exploring a variety of mutually beneficial suggestions and solutions.
Topics & Speakers included:
- What Everyone Should Know About Copyright with Susan Carr & Richard Kelly
- Registering Copyrights in the U.S. with Jim Cavanaugh
- Understanding Fair Use with Fred Haber & Vic Perlman
- What Everyone Should Know About Licensing with Susan Carr
- How to Write (and Read) Licenses with Jeff Sedlik
- Examining Compensation Models for Visual Content with panelists Eugene Mopsik, ASMP; Michael Bilbrey, Leo Burnett USA; Joe Wikert, O’Reilly Media; and moderator Chris Kenneally
- Alternate Approaches to Relicensing / Reusing Existing Visual Content
with panelists Patrick Donehue, Consultant & Educator; Allen Murabayashi, PhotoShelter; and moderator Judy Herrmann
- License Tracking: Systems & Technologies with panelists
Roger Feldman, Feldman & Associates, Chairman of PLUS; Linda Burman, LA Burman Associates; Leila Boujnane, Idée, Inc.; and moderator Judy Herrmann
- The Future of Licensing with panelists Frederic Haber, Copyright Clearance Center; Eugene Mopsik, ASMP; Henry Oh, digital content distribution entrepreneur; and moderator Richard Kelly
- (re)Imagining the Future with panelists Tom Kennedy, digital media pioneer; Robert Levine, journalist and author of Free Ride; Rob Haggert, APhotoEditor.com; and moderator Richard Kelly
Back to ASMP’s Video Library.