Photo courtesy ASMP member Andy Batt
The ASMP Paperwork Share
Photographers helping photographers is a grand tradition of the ASMP. Due to anti-trust laws, ASMP cannot set or suggest prices, but we can share information provided to us by our generous members. The ASMP Paperwork Share is one of the premiere archives of historical pricing data in the photography industry and an invaluable educational tool for members.
NEW ASMP Paperwork Share
In the spirit of ASMP’s dedication to co-operative education and community growth, ASMP has launched a NEW Paperwork Share. The new ASMP Paperwork Share allows members to research estimating techniques and learn from their peers by reviewing historic estimates from a variety of regions and specialties – provided by fellow community members.
The new Paperwork Share is an easier and more transparent way to access historical pricing data will help make it easier for members to speak with one another about pricing — without stigma or fear of judgement — and give members the tools needed to provide comprehensive well thought-out bids to potential clients.
The new system features:
• A database of estimates that is searchable by both region and specialty.
• A flexible and easy to use interface for presenting and sharing pricing that can be quickly customized to one’s own pricing method.
• The ability to anonymize one’s estimates if needed.
• An intuitive layout and an emphasis on members sharing not just the bottom line of the “what” of pricing, but also the “why” behind their approach and methodology to a job.
Log in and access the NEW Paperwork Share.
To make the new tool as robust as it can be, members are also invited to share their own estimates with the ASMP community. See how to add quotes.
ASMP Paperwork Share Archives
Below you can view historic Paperwork Share examples published in 2016 and earlier. As in the new Paperwork Share, these assignment estimates and invoice examples representing a variety of clients and types of work, provide a look at the terms, licenses and pricing details of actual jobs.
Examples of Actual Jobs
- Commercial job for an institution — from Dwight Cendrowski
- Commercial job for pharmacy chain — from Jim Flynn
- Editorial assignment and subsequent stock licensing — from Shawn Henry
More info for members
The above three sample jobs in the ASMP Paperwork Share are available to our non-member readers to provide concrete illustrations of the principles in this Licensing Guide. Many more examples are available to members of ASMP. Members can login and see additional examples here.
If you are not a member and would like to access all benefits and resources available to members, here’s how to become a member.