Join us at Arabi Visual Arts for a live in-person Photographic Lighting Workshop by chapter member Richard Vallon Jr.
Approximately the first 3 hours will be a mixture of the following topics with demonstrations by the instructor.
- A brief slideshow demonstrating lighting fundamentals such as 1/2 lighting , Beauty Lighting (AKA Paramount Lighting)
- Rembrandt Lighting, Loop Lighting and the difference between Broad and Narrow lighting
- Qualities of light and large vs. small light sources to vary shadow transitions
- Lighting ratio between highlights and shadows
- Using lighting to express emotion in portraiture and set ups for standard business portraits
- Best lenses for portraits
- Light sources – flash lighting vs. LED continuous and Tungsten ( hot lights ) continuous lighting
As owner of Orleans Image Consulting, Richard has advised countless photographers for decades on their imaging hardware, software, and storage needs. He continues to teach a wide variety of classes at the New Orleans Academy Of Fine Arts.
Please note: Participation is limited to 10 individuals
Saturday November 19, 2022
ASMP members: $50
Workshop: Noon to 6:00 p.m. Light sandwiches & refreshments provided.
Location: Arabi Visual Arts, 6707 St Claude Ave #8, Arabi, LA 70032
Questions? Contact Richard Vallon 504-905-1725 – Voice or Text (Preferred)