- This event has passed.
2022 Lightroom. Introduction to Lightroom Classic ( LrC ).
Image processing for the Roaring 20s.
Adobe Lightroom classic- part of Adobe’s Creative Cloud Membership for Photographers is an industry leading application for both processing and storing your images. We will review:
- Best methods for importing your images , whether they are from a fresh “take” and still on your memory card or already in folders on your computer.
- Navigating the program.
- Why convert your RAW files to Adobe DNG digital negatives.
- A catalog for each job or one master catalog? Which bests suits your working method?
- Improving images using the Library controls- exposure- color balance, tint- shadow and highlight recovery.
- Best use of “clarity” control.
- Create a hierarchy of Keywords to help you find images and conducting searches
- Creating Collections of images- independent of where they are stored.
- Exporting images- ins and outs of renaming and the standards for file sizes. File types and their uses.
- Moving back and forth between Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom.
- Publish services and backing up your work.
Covering this much ground in 1.5hrs is simply not a workshop- but a tour of the basic skills needed to make this application useful in a professional’s or advanced amateur’s image processing workflow.
In Part 2 on a future date, Richard will survey the latest features added to recent releases of Lightroom Classic.
As owner of Orleans Image Consulting, Richard has advised countless photographers for decades on their imaging hardware, software, and storage needs. He continues to teach a wide variety of classes at the New Orleans Academy Of Fine Arts.
Please note: Participation is very limited due to space restrictions. So, please don’t reserve one of the 25 spaces unless you for sure will attend.
Tuesday, July 12, 2022
ASMP members: Free
Social: 6pm. Program: 6:30pm. Food and drink will be served.
Location: Arabi Visual Arts, 6707 St Claude Ave #8, Arabi, LA 70032
Questions? Contact Richard Vallon 504-905-1725 – Voice or Text (Preferred)