Some of the most interesting/useful/fun stories from around the web to check out over the weekend (Warning: Highly Bookmarkable). A weekly roundup curated by ASMP National Board Member Luke Copping.
• We all have bouts of burnout, but sometime you need a little help to get back on your feet. Here are five suggestions to help you rekindle your passion for photography,
• Need some low key background noise to help you with productivity and drown out distractions? Try coffitivity.
• Came to a realization today or learned a lesson? Scared you’re going to forget it? Write your future self a reminder to keep yourself focused on self improvement.
• The Impossible Cool is a collection of portraits of the coolest people who have ever walked the earth. An old favorite of mine, and a great place to do some visual research.
• Why you should really be tackling your most difficult and creative tasks in the first hour of your day.
• How did one photographer turn a behind the scenes video into an Olympic TV spot?
• Ever done a “favor” for a friend that involved some photo work? Ever had it go bad? Here’s how to avoid getting sucked into doing more after doing a one time kindness.
• A lot of people overlook what a good teaching tool failure is. This article from Smart Brief examines what happens when you redefine your win-conditions in the face of failure.