In case you have really lost track of the days it is summer. We have made it through over three months of shut downs, uncertainty and commercials telling us that we’re in this together. We have been in the streets fighting for justice or on our couch signing petitions and donating to Anti-Racism organizations. We now build mask wearing and hand sanitizer usage protocol into our production guidelines. We’re inching back to our normal routines and anticipating work picking back up again.
We want to continue telling this story across New England and invite photographers across the country to join. On 7/24/2020 ASMP New England is “hosting” another 24/7 Photo Walk. We invite you to pick up your cameras and get out and take photos of your day – of course while following your state’s or local guidelines.
Please note, in completing this project, keep in mind CDC guidelines on safe practices and specifically, social distancing. You can refer to CDC resources at this link: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html. Also, as each state and city differs, we encourage you to consult your state and local laws to see what orders are in place that affect you. You alone are responsible for complying with these guidelines.
Submit your photos to the 24/7 on 7/24 Dropbox folder following the below submission guidelines:
- Submit up to 2 photos
- Send the following information to Emily Long (email@example.com): Instagram handle, time stamp, location and caption for each photo (Make sure your camera is set to the correct date and time as we will check time stamps. Use time.gov to set your clock.)
- Photos must to be submitted to the dropbox link by 5pm ET on 7/25
- File size: 72dpi – 1000px on longest side
- Filing Naming Conventions by software to include the time:
Capture One would look like this for example time 10:48PM:10-48PM_ 24-7_LastNameFirstName_0001
Lightroom would look like this for example time 10:48PM:2248_24-7_LastNameFirstName_0001
- By submitting your photo(s), you are giving ASMP National and ASMPNE chapter permission to use your submitted works on their various platforms and media, including but not limited to their websites and social media platforms. The photos will not be used commercially.
This is not a competition but a community project to document this unique time in our history. ALL are welcome to join. We are looking forward to seeing your work!
Although this is a virtual event, please register below to give us a sense of how many people will be participating.