ASMP NEW ENGLAND INVITES YOU TO SUBMIT TO THE 2021 PHOTO ANNUAL
ASMPNE is thrilled to announce our first Photo Annual. We hope you’ll submit your images!
The Photo Annual is a curated book of the top 50 images that represent the best of the best in our chapter, as well as a SERIES category in which THREE winners will be chosen. This year’s juror panel consists of Miami Reps Founder Melissa Ojeda, HBO Digital Media Specialist Khalid West, and Commercial Photographer Jeffery Salter. Ratings will be on photos only. No other info will be visible to the judges. Images are chosen based on an average of the three jurors’ ratings. If your work is chosen by our panel of jurors, it will be distributed digitally to local photo editors, art directors, designers and advertising agencies, and you will receive a printed copy as well. This is an amazing opportunity to get your work in front of industry professionals who hire photographers.
Read below for important information and details. Click here to purchase your submission tickets. Get your submission tickets by May 4th at 11:59PM and use promo code “PhotoAnnual_EarlyBird” to get 10% off (here’s how to apply the promo code). You’ll then receive a Google Form via email to submit your images. Please submit your images by 11:59PM Monday, May 17th.
THANKS TO OUR SPONSORS
- Yodelist for donating chapter access to create the art buyer list we will share the Photo Annual with
- Member Jenny Bergman of The Secret Bureau of Art + Design for donating her time and graphic design skills to design the Photo Annual
- We have TWO categories of submissions: General and Series.
- There is no theme or guideline on image content for the GENERAL submission. Members should submit their best work suitable for the audience of art directors and art buyers.
- Series of Images: a SERIES is considered a grouping of three to five images representing a single theme. Series images should come from current / ongoing series work. Entries in this category will only be judged as a body of work and single photographs submitted as part of a series of images cannot be submitted as part of the general category and vice versa.
- You must be an ASMPNE member in good standing to submit your images.
- Due to the unprecedented 2020 we had, we are extending the image creation dates for the General submission: images must have been created on or after January 1st, 2019.
- There is no date of creation requirement for the Series submission, but we do ask that it be a current ongoing series (i.e. no old work, we want to see images that you photographed recently, as well as in the past as part of the series).
- You may submit up to five images for the General category and 3-5 images in the Series category.
- You must purchase a submission “ticket” for one or both categories. Submissions to both categories will be done via one Google form. The cost to submit to the annual is $30 per submission.
- Acceptance into the annual is not guaranteed and your submission cost is non-refundable.
- Our jurors ratings will be averaged to select the 50 best images among the General submissions, and the top three Series submissions. The selected images will be laid out in a digital book along with the photographer’s photo credit and a link to their website.
- If the Photograph contains any material or elements that are not owned by the entrant and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties, and/or if any persons appear in the Photograph, the entrant is responsible for obtaining, prior to submission of the photograph, all releases and consents necessary to permit the exhibition and use of the photograph, without additional compensation. If any person appearing in any Photograph is under the age of majority in their state/province/territory of residence the signature of a parent or legal guardian is required on each release.
- Releases will need to be shown and the ASMP New England Social Media Release will need to be filled out for all winning entries.
- Street photography created in public spaces may win entry to the ASMPNE Photo Annual without a release but such images will be passed by ASMP counsel Tom Maddrey for confirmation of permissibility, and these images will not be used for promotional purposes of the ASMPNE Photo Annual.
HOW TO SUBMIT
- Click here to purchase your submission tickets. You’ll then receive a Google Form via email to submit your images by 11:59PM Monday, May 17th.
- Get your submission tickets by May 4th at 11:59PM and use promo code “PhotoAnnual_EarlyBird” to get 10% off (here’s how to apply the promo code).
- To be eligible, you must be a member in good standing of the ASMP New England Chapter.
- All images must be submitted as JPEG files with a minimum resolution of 12 inches on the long side at 300ppi.
- The images must be submitted in Adobe RGB or sRGB color space.
- Tuesday, April 27th, 2021 – Call for entries
- Tuesday, May 4th at 11:59PM promo code “PhotoAnnual_EarlyBird” 10% discount expires on submission tickets (here’s how to apply the promo code).
- Submissions must be received by Monday, May 17th, 2021 11:59PM
- Final design shared / winners announced on Monday, June 14th, 2021
- Photo Annual release party on Wednesday, June 30th, 2021
EVEN MORE DETAILS…
- To prevent any bias or preferential treatment, no ASMPNE chapter member, nor anyone involved in the production of the Photo Annual, will have influence over which images are chosen.
- The design team will not crop images without consulting the photographer.
- Images may be displayed on a single page, as a spread, or across the gutter at the designer’s discretion.
- Along with the 50 selected images, and the three series of images, the Photo Annual will contain an introduction, acknowledgment of the sponsors and underwriters of the Photo Annual, and acknowledgment of contributions in making the Photo Annual a reality.
- The ASMPNE chapter reserves the right to negotiate with appropriate sponsors on the placement of sponsor messages.
- You retain all rights to your image(s). Neither ASMP nor ASMPNE nor any sponsor will ever reproduce your image for advertising or any other form or purpose beyond the printing, distribution, and promotion of the ASMPNE 2021 Photo Annual and future submission calls for the ASMPNE Photo Annual.
Further Questions, please email: email@example.com
ABOUT OUR JURORS
A regular in both Philadelphia and Miami, Melissa Ojeda is an Artist Rep and Creative Consultant with a background in marketing, brand strategy, content creation and creative coaching. Known for being collaborative, inclusive, and turning thoughts into action, her strengths lie in recognizing and cultivating the potential in others. Inspired by her vibrant and eclectic hometown of Miami, she recently launched a marketing and consulting agency, Miami Reps, featuring a curated roster of creatives. In her roster, you will find commercial and editorial photographers, illustrators, animators, mural artists and videographers.
Khalid West is a long-time technologist and media professional. For the better part of the last decade, he’s been in the Photo Services, Creative Services, and Marketing Operations departments of HBO, where’s worked on flagship campaigns strategically, creatively, and operationally. He runs Brooklyn Lacrosse Club and is an avid snowboarder and practitioner of Shaolin Kungfu.
A former staff photographer with both Sports Illustrated and The New York Times, Jeffery photographs professional athletes, fitness models, housewives, artists, business people, and celebrities for advertising and editorial clients including ADT, American Express, Barron’s, Bloomberg Businessweek, Best Buddies International, Cigar Aficionado, Forbes, INC, O, the Oprah Magazine, People, Random House, Sports Illustrated, Time, and Zumba, among many other clients. His fine art photography has been exhibited at the Brooklyn Museum of Art, the Smithsonian, and the Corcoran Gallery of Art.