DATE: Saturday, 9/15: 11:00 – 3pm. Come for the panel, the Canon camera demo or catered lunch – just be sure to join us!
TICKET: Secure YOURS FREE here: Canon Registration Online Link
DETAILS: Catered Lunch! Canon camera demonstrations! Both free to you courtesy of our host Canon Burbank.
Location: Canon Burbank 3400 W. Olive Ave, Suite 250, Burbank, CA 91505
- Moderated by: Amy Tierney, ASMP-LA VP + SanDisk Ambassador Photographer – www.thriveimages.com
- Nicole Charky – Social Media Producer – (Maria) Shriver Media – www.shrivermedia.com
- Tish Lampert – Photojournalist + “America Speaks” podcast host – www.tishlampert.org
- Rachel Luna – Photojournalist + ASMP Pro Member – https://www.rachellunaphoto.com/news/
- Aude Guerrucci – Multimedia Photojournalist – Fmr Polaris Images assigned to the Whitehouse- www.audeguerrucci.com
Description: Come hear professional women photojournalists describe what it takes to shoot and deliver political, social and environmental stories. Before the panel discussion, enjoy lunch and learn what Canon has to offer; then, make sure to stay for networking.
From story assignment, to capture and delivery, one must quickly and effectively consider all the job requirements we have today; equipment, locations, the subjects, copyrights, and everything in between, it’s on our shoulders. Some of the pre-shoot questions we ask ourselves: what is the story, what is required of me, what system serves the story, is it a multi-cam shoot, run and gun rig or something more cinematic requiring specific lenses, audio, lights? How do we deliver video files? How do we do it in the field on deadline? and so much more. In order to document the most challenging technological and physical environments our world presents, the choices we make inform the stories we tell.