DEADLINE EXTENDED: SUBMISSIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL MONDAY, MARCH 18, 11:59pm PST
ASMP-LA IS PLEASED TO BE PART OF PHOTOVILLE LA
SUBMIT PHOTOS FOR A GROUP EXHIBITION: WITH WATER / WITHOUT WATER
Photoville, the innovative and largest photo festival, heading into its eighth year in New York City, is making its debut in Los Angeles this spring, and ASMP-LA is thrilled to be a part of this event with a group show With Water / Without Water.
The Annenberg Space for Photography will present and host Photoville and will feature their characteristic modular exhibitions in repurposed shipping containers, outdoor photo cubes, workshops, nighttime projections, family-friendly activities, and their famous beer garden. This free event is open to the public and looks to welcome and embrace the entire photo community.
We want to see your photos…
ASMP-LA will produce a group exhibition With Water/ Without Water that brings together the work of ASMP members to tell the story of the importance to California of this vital but limited resource and the devastating consequences of water scarcity. There is no time frame as to when the photos were shot but they must be of California.
Selected photos will be printed on high quality, outdoor, weather-proof vinyl and displayed on a walk-in “cube.” Photoville LA will take place on consecutive weekends from April 26-28 and May 2-5, 2019. However, cube displays will be available for viewing during the entire two weeks.
We are looking for photos that collectively tell all facets of how water, or the lack of it, affect California. While the state has a plethora of coastline and beaches that people flock to for recreation, freshwater is less abundant. As the nation’s leader in agriculture, its farm production is increasingly threatened by the state’s limited freshwater. Beyond basic sustenance, water contributes to sanitation and hygiene, beauty in the landscape, and agriculture. Water is often in the forefront of Californians’ thoughts. At times of drought, water use is restricted and fires sweep through open spaces and populated areas alike. When rain finally comes, its arrival is greeted with relief, but sometimes concern where mudslides and flooding are potential threats. Water, an integral component of our lives, is sometimes forgotten in our urbanized existence. This project will serve to remind the viewer of water’s importance, illustrating the multifaceted role of water in California life—from its integral role in sustaining us to the beauty it creates around us.
WITH WATER/WITHOUT WATER — SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
Schedule and details
- Submission deadline: March 15, 2019 **DEADLINE EXTENDED: SUBMISSIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL MONDAY, MARCH 18, 11:59pm PST**
- Notification of acceptance: April 1, 2019
- Event: Consecutive weekends from April 26-28 and May 2-5, 2019
File format and submission requirements
- Submit up to 10 images
- File size: 20” on the longest side at TIFF 300dpi
- File naming: First name_Last_Title_number_of_total sent [example: John_Smith_My Water Shot_1_of_10 ]
In the metadata, include:
- A brief caption for each photo that includes where and when the photo was made
- Your contact info (phone number and email)
- ASMP membership number
- Photos may not be altered to misrepresent the content
Include in the body of an email to ASMPLAsubmissions@gmail.com:
- Your name and ASMP membership number
- A list of the files you are sending (please copy the exact file names)
- Submissions are accepted via Dropbox, WeTransfer, or Google Drive. Please send your submission materials to: ASMPLAsubmissions@gmail.com
- Submission fees: NO FEE / Open to ASMP members only
- Non-members interested in submitting can join ASMP (American Society of Media Photographers) and be part of Photoville and participate in the many other benefits of membership.
By submitting images, you agree to the following:
- The images are your own work and you own all rights to them.
- You take full responsibility for the content of all images, including the likeness of recognizable individuals, as well as any misrepresentations made willfully or otherwise.
- The photographer retains full copyright but allows ASMP, Photoville, United Photo Industries, and The Annenberg Space for Photography to use photos in promoting the exhibition With Water/Without Water and to potentially reuse the exhibition in other venues in the future.
- Images submitted may be posted by ASMP on social media prior to the final selections, but this is not an indicator of the work being selected for the event.
Nancy Kaye—photo educator, photographer, and ASMP-LA board member—will make selections. She has a background in photojournalism and has taught classes in visual storytelling and creating a photo essay at LA Valley College and Santa Monica Community College and has exhibited her work in numerous juried shows.
For questions or difficulty uploading submission please email: ASMPLAsubmissions@gmail.com
Calendar powered by The Events Calendar