Simon Kuo’s impressive studio tethered set-up and knowledge of all of Lightroom’s tricks and many features was impressive and very educational. Paul Andrews showed how Canon’s EOS Utility enabled shooters to control a Canon camera’s functions from the tethered computer, plus gave you Live View of the shot which married to Lightroom, made a powerful workflow combination. Travis Carroll , ably assisted by Jason Tracy our digital tech for the evening, wowed us all with Capture One ‘s speed, power, stability and myriad features. It was a lively evening with lots of great information shared and questions posed.
Top Three Recommendations for a good tethering experience
- Auxiliary powered cable for a stable tethered connection
- Tape everything down
- Have a good work flow
- Practice with a set up _ test it again and again
- Make it reliable
- Familiarize yourself with the gear and programs
- Education – learn the program, Hire a digital tech if you don’t
- Be Well Prepare – overlays work flows
- Double Check Everything – connections, wires, tape, security
Tether Tools (the leading supplier of all manner of goodies that make tethered workflow easier, more reliable and more professional) gift certificates were won by Steve Gibson and Andrew Fails
Heres another reminder of the upcoming two-day Phase One Certified Professional Training Course in Kansas City April 11 & 12th, presented by Mega Pixels Digital. The program fees include a full license of Capture One Pro 10 for three computers! (Value $299).