Team up with other creatives and compete to design the best ad for a worthy, local nonprofit! You and your team will create an advertisement for the client (to be disclosed at the competition) through photography, copywriting, and design. The final products will be judged by a panel of accomplished judges based on style, photography, and content.
Project Portfolio is a great opportunity to sharpen your skills or try a new role altogether while creating real work for your portfolio.
Here’s how it works:
- You sign up as either a Writer, Designer, Photographer, or Photography Assistant. Registration is now open to all.
- We will pair you up in a team containing one of each of those roles, you’ll get to meet your team on the day of the event.
- On the day of the event, you’ll receive the project brief and find out who the client is.
- Each team will be provided with a small set space for photography and team workspace.
- If you are a photographer that needs to borrow gear( a backdrop stand kit, light stands, lights) reach out to us and we’ll connect you with some.
- You will have 3 hours to come up with the best ad you can. We recommend spending 1 hour on photography, 1 on design, and 1 on copywriting, but you are welcomed to use your time as you see fit.
- At the end of the 3 hours, all projects will be submitted to the judges for scoring and a winner will be announced.
- If you would like to attend, but don’t want to participate on a team, or if all teams have been filled we have a limited number of audience member tickets.
What you will need:
- Based on your role: camera, lights, backdrop stands, computer, iPad, etc.
- A winning attitude.
- Your A-game!