New Announcement: (Correction) DC Camera is offering vouchers for a one-time discount of 20% on equipment rental for all attendees! The event could pay for itself with equipment rental!
Sunday, August 18 — Coming Soon
ASMP DC co-President Pruitt Allen will be leading a day-long exploration of videography for photographers crossing over to motion. Hosted by equipment rental house DC Camera. This information packed day will cover topics including:
- All things audio (with a real full-time audio pro)— equipment, mic placement and the many possible reasons why your audio sounds awful
- Deciding between regular HD acquisition and shooting in 4K or even 6K
- The differences between stills and dedicated video cameras
- Guidance through the forest of video recording formats, both physical media and software
- Cinema-style lenses and support equipment
- Camera movement — motivation and gear options
- The basics of shot choices, including pitfalls like the 180 degree rule
- Lighting requirements and options, including lighting for a moving camera
Lots of hands-on-gear time will be provided, including guidance from the professionals at DC Camera.
The cost for the all-day event is $80 for ASMP members, $100 for other attendees, and includes lunch from Panera.
Sign up soon! Space is limited and this program will sell out!