ASMP Connecticut will be providing links to resources that pertain to COVID-19. All links and information provided were current at the time of their posting, but with the quickly changing information, you must check with your state and federal authorities to ensure what is referenced still applies. The links provided indicate no endorsement or guarantee from ASMP as to the current validity of the information presented — these are being shared as additional resources to all our members and visitors.
ASMP Connecticut in-person programming has been postponed for the time being, but we are committed to providing you with future programming that will take place virtually. Please check back here for information.
Note: ASMP members should send in their questions and experiences to the Q&A on the ASMP National COVID-19 Info Hub. This helps ASMP as an organization be most up to date on the very fluid coronavirus situation and get you accurate responses to issues already settled.
ASMP National and Town Hall Meetings
ASMP understands this a stressful time for photographers and all creators, and in response, will be holding a series of virtual town hall meetings. During the town hall sessions, the ASMP team will give a quick update on the state of the industry with respect to COVID-19, then open the floor for questions and concerns from attendees.
Check the National website for the next meeting.
View previously recorded meetings here: https://www.asmp.org/asmp-covid-19-town-hall-qas/
Financial Guidance & Assistance
- U.S Small Business Administration Coronavirus (COVID-19): Small Business Guidance & Loan Resources
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce Emergency Loans Small Business Guide and Checklist
- Unemployment Benefits by each New England State
- Freelancers Relief Fund via Freelancers Union
- How Freelancers Can Claim Paid Sick Leave
- NYT Article on F.A.Q. on Stimulus Checks, Unemployment and the Coronavirus Bill
- Senator Murphy
- State of Connecticut Department of Banking for Mortgages
Virtual Events, Learning & Opportunities
- Bring Home the Leica Akademie
- Sprout Studio’s 14-Day Marketing Plan Challenge & Coronavirus COVID-19 First-Aid Hub
- “No Film School” website has a page of links to promotions of free software and training that developers are offering in support of Covid.
- ASMP launched a member-only digital publication called Legal Jump-start: ASMP’s Business & Legal Primer for Photographers.
- Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts
- Photoshelter COVID-19 Resources
- PPA – In It Together
- What Freelancers Need to Know About the Coronavirus
- Photographers making isolation sexy
- Dear Art Producer, Wendy Gordon, And All Things Production In a COVID-19 World
- AIGA Connecticut Social Campaign #createtogether
Great points from Heather Elder on what to think about and work on during COVID19:
- Make a list of all your open jobs, with photos coming up on license, renewing licenses is income for you!
- Repurpose imagery for your clients…hey remember that brand image library we created? let’s go back in and see how we can make it work more for you”
- Maintain your relationships with your clients– what are ways you can cultivate your relationships during this time?
- You are helping creatives/art directors/creative directors create content and solve problems – what are some ways you can create more content for your clients? DIG DEEP to find ways to collaborate differently!
- Take this time to reflect on your BRAND, photographers must think of themselves as a brand, who are you, what do you stand for, create a “vision statement”
Have a helpful tip? Email them to firstname.lastname@example.org