Photo by 2018 winners Tracy + David, Stills and Motion
About the BEST of ASMP 2019 Photography Contest
BEST of ASMP is the last photography contest we will hold in 2019. This is a members-only contest and it is designed to showcase the important work of ASMP members from photos taken between November 1, 2018 and November 30, 2019. Non-members can join ASMP to participate in the contest. Our contests are only one of the reasons you’ll want to consider joining ASMP.
This page is updated weekly with relevant contest information so bookmark it! We’ve outlined the key dates of the contest below. We’ll be adding information on jurists, prizes, and respond to Q&A. You can either submit questions using the comments field below, or you can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Call for Entries – September 2 – November 30, 2019
First Round of Judging – Dec 2nd – 8th
Second Round of Judging – Dec 9th – 15th
Winner’s contacted – Dec 16th – Dec 22nd
Winners announced to the public – w/o Dec 29th
There are five Best of ASMP photography contest categories:
- Individual Image: Editorial – Open to all commissioned magazine and editorial work. Personal work in the style of editorial photography should be entered in the Personal category.
- Individual Image: Self-Promotional/Personal – Self-promotional is open to single images used for online and print promotions. For multi-page print promos, please select series entry to upload multiple images.
- Individual Image: Commercial – Commercial is open to online and print work.
- Series of Images: A series is considered a grouping of two to ten images representing a single theme.
- Video: Open to all commercially produced videos of any genre up to three minutes in length.
View or download our official contest rules.
Wondering why we are charging contest entry fees? Charging contest fees allows us to subsidize the software platform we use to manage contest entries and communication with submitters, as well as provide us with sophisticated judging functionality. We also believe in compensating our judges with an honorarium to both acknowledge their time and the level of expertise they bring to the contest. Finally, all remaining proceeds from our contests go toward supporting ASMP’s education and advocacy initiatives that ultimately benefit us all.
ASMP Members Only: Best of 2019 Entry Fees
|Category||Regular Fees: Sept. 2nd – Nov. 30th||Late Fees: Dec. 1st - Dec. 6th|
|Single Image or Video||$15.00||$25.00|
ASMP Members needing access to sample releases can click over to our Member Resources page for forms and tutorials