A Letter from our Executive Director, Tom Kennedy
Dear ASMP Spaces Participants,
As you may know, this is our second category-specific contest of 2018 and it presents a unique opportunity for recognition both on the ASMP website and in our print materials and publications. These contests allow us to shine a light on the important work of all architectural photographers. Although we are confident that ASMP members will be well represented in contest results, this contest is open to members and non-members. Please help us spread the word by sharing a link to this page!
About ASMP Spaces
ASMP Spaces is the second of four photo contests we have planned in 2018. ASMP Spaces is designed to showcase the important contributions of architectural photographers in capturing a space. The contest is open to ASMP members and non-members. Non-members can choose to join ASMP today, and save on your entry fees and so much more!
This page will be updated weekly with relevant contest information so bookmark it! We’ve outlined the key dates of the contest below. Shortly we’ll be adding info on jurists, prizes, and respond to Q&A. You can either submit questions using the comments field below, or you can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can submit an entry using the button below between April 1 – April 30, 2018.
ASMP Spaces categories include:
- Individual Image: Editorial – Open to all commissioned magazine and editorial work. Personal work in the style of editorial photography should be entered in the Personal category.
- Individual Image: Self-Promotional/Personal – Self-promotional is open to single images used for online and print promotions. For multi-page print promos, please select series entry to upload multiple images.
- Individual Image: Advertising – Commercial is open to online and print work.
- Series of Images: A series is considered a grouping of two to ten images representing a single theme.
You can download or view a copy of the ASMP Spaces Contest Rules.
Wondering why we are charging contest entry fees? Charging contest fees allows us to subsidize the software platform we use to manage contest entries and our communication with submitters, as well as provide us with sophisticated judging functionality. We also believe in compensating our judges with an honorarium to both acknowledge their time and the level of expertise they bring to the contest. Finally, all remaining proceeds from our contests go toward supporting ASMP’s education and advocacy initiatives that ultimately benefit us all.
Key Dates for this photo contest
- Call for Entries – April 1 – April 30th
- First Round of Judging – May 7 – 13th
- Second Round of Judging – May 14 – 20th
- Winners announced to public – w/o June 4th
- Distribution of Prizes – June 4th – 30th
All 2018 Contests
- ASMP Taste – January
- ASMP Spaces – April (this is it)
- ASMP Faces – July (page coming soon)
- Best of ASMP – October (Members Only – page coming soon) (see results from 2017)