ASMP Faces is the third of four photography contests we will hold in 2018. ASMP Spaces is designed to showcase the important contributions of portrait photographers capturing a person/mood. The contest is open to ASMP members and non-members. Non-members can join ASMP and save on entry fees. Find out more about joining ASMP today!
This page is updated weekly with relevant contest information so bookmark it! We’ve outlined the key dates of the contest below. We’ll be adding information on jurists, prizes, and respond to Q&A. You can either submit questions using the comments field below, or you can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Entries can be submitted between July 1st and July 31st. The “Submit” button will appear here as soon as the contest opens!
There are four ASMP Faces photography contest categories:
- Individual Image: Editorial – Open to all commissioned magazine and editorial work. Personal work in the style of editorial photography should be entered in the Personal category.
- Individual Image: Self-Promotional/Personal – Self-promotional is open to single images used for online and print promotions. For multi-page print promos, please select series entry to upload multiple images.
- Individual Image: Commercial – Commercial is open to online and print work.
- Series of Images: A series is considered a grouping of two to ten images representing a single theme.
You can download or view a copy of ASMP Faces Photography Contest Rules FINAL
Key Dates for ASMP Faces
- Call for Entries – July 1 – July 31st
- First Round of Judging – Aug 4th – 10th
- Second Round of Judging – Aug 11 – 17th
- Winner’s contacted – Aug 22nd – Aug 31st
- Winners announced to public – w/o Sept 3rd
- Distribution of Prizes – Sept 10 – 30th
Our Jurist panel is coming together. We are thrilled to announce our first jurist with the others to follow shortly!
Clay Patrick McBride
NYC-based photographer, Clay Patrick McBride, began his visual training in the South of France, where he spent his late teens and early twenties studying painting and art history. He eventually turned his focus to photography, moving to New York City in the early 1990s to attend the School of Visual Arts. While earning his BFA, McBride developed a bold style of portraiture intended to both celebrate and empower the subject with humor and honesty.
McBride’s portraits of top athletes and musicians such as LeBron James, Allen Iverson, Metallica, Norah Jones, Jay Z, and Kanye West have appeared in countless magazines, among them Rolling Stone, Sports Illustrated and NY Magazine. His commercial work includes dozens of album covers for Sony, Blue Note and Atlantic Records, as well as print campaigns for Pontiac, Boost Mobile and Nike. Over the past few years, McBride has expanded into moving pictures with a number of short film projects and music videos. Characterized by a stark surrealist quality, his film work is an exciting and logical extension of his still photography. Current productions include The Incredible Exploding Boy, an autobiographical feature that explores father-son relationships, insanity and addiction.
In 2013, McBride earned his Masters in Digital Photography from the School of Visual Arts, where he has taught for the past 10 years. McBride currently resides between NYC and Rochester N.Y. with his wife, Sarah Keane, and Italian mastiff, Judy. He is currently lending a hand to the next generation of photographers working as a professor of photography at the Rochester Institute of Technology. Look at some of Clay Patrick’s work on his website.
See results and details from other ASMP photo contests happening in 2018.