Join us for a Discussion on Hiring Assistants, Liability Insurance and New Workman’s Comp Rules with PayReel followed by networking with other professional photographers.
It is critically important that photographers, assistants and vendors understand the laws and implications involving independent contractor versus employee status, business liability insurance, the need for a business entity name and workmans comp. PayReel will cover these issues and more.
PayReel: PayReel’s compliance management services take the stress out of hiring freelance employees by meeting all Employer obligations at all jurisdictional levels. Risk mitigation is best managed by smart safety programs and insurance measures. PayReel’s robust insurance policies conform to meet small business needs to large corporate and financial institution requirements and guarantee the highest level of protection for clients.
- Workers’ Compensation
- General Liability
- Professional Liability
- Cyber and drone Insurance
- Auto, foreign and more
WORKER CLASSIFICATION BEST PRACTICES: Accurate worker classification, in our world, is a must. With rapid growth of the independent workforce we’ve seen a dramatic increase in scrutiny by the IRS and state labor agencies to ensure workers are appropriately classified. Misclassifying workers as independent contractors presents a huge risk for any enterprise. PayReel will help ensure that all your freelance contractors are properly classified by vetting the work, the worker’s role, evaluating the risk and making a classification decision.
The IRS has very strict guidelines that define true business-to-business relationships and payroll compliance. These guidelines are meant to prevent firms from misclassifying would-be employees and thereby avoid, either knowingly or unknowingly, a bounty of state and federal taxes.
Key things to require when working with an IC
- Your contractor has an established business entity, with a business name and EIN to which invoice payment is made
- Your contractor provides services to other businesses outside your firm
- Your IC provides certificates of insurance, including at the least, coverage for general liability insurance and workers’ comp insurance
- You have a signed per project Agreement for Services between your company and the contractor
- In the context of hiring independent contractors and contingent workforce regulations, PayReel pays close attention to all employer obligations at the federal, state and local levels, including wage & hour rules, per diem, ACA tracking, and sick leave mandates.
NON MEMBERS $10
Pizza for everyone.
One beer for ASMP members.
>>>>>>>PLEASE BE SURE TO REGISTER HERE FOR THIS EVENT. RSVPing ON MEETUP DOES NOT COUNT AS YOUR REGISTRATION.<<<<<<<<<<