The times aren’t changing in the photo industry. They have already permanently changed. The old photo industry is not dead, but it is dying a slow death and is being transformed into a new, modern landscape. Will you be a part of that landscape? How can you morph your current work and business strategies to remain relevant and thrive in the new burgeoning photo industry? There are more opportunities to make money from photography than ever before. But, the big question is can that be turned into a decent living for the average pro?
Come join Michael Clark (ASMP New Mexico) for this interactive discussion on how to stay relevant in the current photo industry. In this discussion we will cover a variety of topics (see below) and Michael will dive in with his thoughts on what we all need to do to not only stay relevant, but to thrive in this ever changing industry.
- Perfect Your Craft
- Video: Is it for you and how do you jump in without breaking the bank?
- Consolidate Your Brand
- Diversify your Income: Commercial and Editorial photography, stock, photo workshops, speaking, sponsorships, prints, books, etc.
- Build a Following
- Figuring out Pricing: National, International, and Local Strategies
- Cashing in on Social Media
- Working Hard to Stay Alive
- Stay up to date on Technology
- Social Media Marketing
- The iTunes Effect – Why should Art Directors and photo editors pay your high rates when they can get music for free?