Bonus Episode: CASE Act Update: Majority Victory in the House!
This is a very busy and exciting time in Washington for the ASMP. Here to tell us all about what’s going on is Gabriela Marks, ASMP National Board member. Today’s episode is a short update on the latest news from Capitol Hill. A vote was passed recently in the House to strengthen the copyright system, now onto the Senate. Stay tuned to hear just what that means for the ASMP.
In this episode, we talk about…
• Having the same impact in the Senate as in the House
• Modifications to the Case Act that opposition has proposed
• Where the Case Act was born
• Opponents of strengthening the copyright system
• Common distortions of the results of the Case Act
• Fears of corporate infringement that the Case Act could alleviate
• Why we need to update the copyright system as it is
• What people can do right now to bring attention to this issue
About ASMP Experts & Masters Podcast
The ASMP Experts & Masters Podcast program brings candid conversations about the craft, business and culture of photography between legendary photographers, creatives, and thought leaders under the guidance of our rotating hosts: Tom Kennedy , ASMP’s Executive Director / former multimedia editor of The Washington Post / former Director of Photography at National Geographic, Luke Copping former Chair of ASMP’s National Board of Directors, Gabriella Marks, current ASMP National Board Treasurer, and Amy Tierney, current ASMP National Board Director.
All episodes are on ASMP’s iTunes Page. The first several podcast episodes were additionally live streamed on Facebook from the Facebook page of Photo Brigade (with just under 38,000+ followers) and available afterward on Adorama’s YouTube page (724,000+ followers).
Links to resources:
To donate to the ASMP archives go to https://www.asmp.org/asmp-foundation/