Possible CASE Act Movement In Next Two Weeks!
12.09.20 Update: We are very close to getting the bill passed, but our opponents know that, so they have stepped up their opposition. We need to let Congress know just how many creators across the country support the CASE Act. We made it quick and easy to find and contact your Senators in the campaign below.
Over the past two years, we have asked you numerous times to support the “Copyright Alternative in Small-Claims Enforcement Act of 2019” (the CASE Act) — a bill that would create a “small claims court” within the U.S. Copyright Office to handle copyright infringement claims from individual creators and small businesses that cannot afford to defend themselves in federal court. Every time we have asked, you have heeded our call and contacted your members of Congress to urge their support for the CASE Act. We are asking you to do this one more time.
There are just a few weeks left in this Congress to pass the CASE Act. The bill passed the House by an overwhelming majority. However, it still needs to pass through the Senate (and then be signed by the President) before it can be enacted into law. If it doesn’t pass the Senate during the coming weeks, we have to start all over in the next Congress. So we urgently need your help. Specifically, we need you to contact your Senators immediately to urge their support for the CASE Act (bill number S. 1273).
If you and others reach out to your Senators in the next week or two, we will have a great chance of getting this bill enacted into law. So please contact your Senators today and urge them to support the creation of a small claims court by co-sponsoring the CASE Act, bill number S. 1273.
For those who may be new to the CASE Act or need a refresher on the bill, more information about the CASE Act can be found at CASE Act Central.
To make it easy for you and others, we provide you with template emails, and invite you to personalize the messages before clicking to submit. If you have already taken action, please consider taking action again as EVERY CLICK COUNTS.
As always, thank you in advance for your continued support of ASMP advocacy efforts in support of the CASE Act. Now, let’s put the pressure on the Senate to get the CASE Act passed in this session of Congress!
December 2020 Senate CASE Act Campaigns
December CASE Act-ion: URGE Your Senators to VOTE YES in support of the CASE Act!
This campaign has two one action – to urge Senators to VOTE YES in support of the CASE Act with just ONE CLICK.
Amplify the CASE Act Campaign in Social! We need YES votes in the Senate.
Use any or all of the sample posts below.
- How can you support the creator community? Urge your Senators to support S. 1273, the #CASEAct — legislation that will enable creators to defend their works and livelihoods against infringement. https://p2a.co/gTwKoqe
- Every small business deserves protection from infringement, not just businesses with deep pockets. Contact your senators today and urge them to support S. 1273, the #CASEAct! https://p2a.co/gTwKoqe
- Creators: it’s time to stand up for your rights! Contact your senators today and urge them to support S. 1273, the #CASEAct — which will give creators the ability to defend their rights in a judicial system that’s currently stacked against them.https://p2a.co/gTwKoqe
- U.S. Creators and friends of the creative community, we need your help to get S. 1273, the #CASEAct, passed by Congress. Contact your senators and urge them to support the creative community by voting YES in support of the CASE Act! https://p2a.co/gTwKoqe
- S.1273, the #CASEAct, is an important bill that will ensure the creative community’s access to justice when fighting against infringement. Contact your senators and urge them to support the CASE Act here: https://p2a.co/gTwKoqe
- Without a viable means of protecting their works, creators have no way to defend themselves against copyright infringement. Contact your Senators today and urge them to support S. 1273, the #CASEAct! https://p2a.co/gTwKoqe
- The biggest way you can help support S. 1273, the #CASEAct? Contact your senators now! Use our action tool and add your voice to the thousands of other creators and small business owners fighting for access to justice. https://p2a.co/gTwKoqe