[by Heather Lefort]
Marketing in the industry is changing. What worked three years ago does not work today. Competition is high, marketing is oversaturated, and budgets are not what they used to be.
Not measuring your marketing results is an automatic fail for most people. “So how do you get the most out of your marketing by measuring your results?” you ask. Below are recommended marketing solutions:
Data And Targeting Your Prospects By Brand
Having a large database is only useful if you are utilizing it correctly. Sending out mass emails and throwing spaghetti up against the wall is not recommended anymore. Be selective and target contacts that work with brands your work is fitting for.
Preferred Portfolios Get More Attention
Sites that are preferred in the industry have the following components:
- Large Images
- Multiple Ways to navigate
- Showcasing More Than Just Photography (Personal work, videos)
- Customizable templates
- Social Media Connections
Emails, Direct Mails, Source Books and Connections
If you are not doing all of these marketing efforts you may be losing money. There are several ways to be productive with this marketing mix. For instance:
1. You learned Skippy was just taken over by BBDO. Do your research. Find the key contact. Call and make a connection. If you leave a message follow it up with an email, a simple postcard (with personalized writing on it), or even a personal note card.
3. Utilize large databases and online resources for targeting who gets calls from you. Call with a purpose or even send a simple email complimenting work they did on a brand you wish to do work for.
4. Direct mail and sourcebooks offer the opportunity for your work to have a longer lifespan on a Creative’s desk. Wall of fames in cubicles are proven and the shelf life of a Workbook or At-Edge feature sticks around longer.
Portfolios, Social Networking, and Your Brand’s Visual
Creating multiple outlets to showcase your portfolio is a great idea for exposure. When it comes to these do your homework via keyword searches on google, bing, and yahoo. The first ones up are where you want to spend your dollars.
Social networking is social media. Get out there!
New Faces and Old Faces
Old faces are your foundation. Current clients are your future. But getting in the door and meeting new people face-to-face creates new possibilities!
Balancing these marketing efforts with hard work will pay off! Get out there be social and utilize resources. The more you do the more aware people are that you are alive and kicking and available for work!
For assistance with incorporating social media into your marketing plan for 2013 contact Heather at iHeart Marketing today!
3 Responses to 'What’s Working in Your Marketing Mix?'